Follow by Email

Tuesday, 2 February 2016

QUICKIE: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip

ITEM: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip 
PRICE: $6USD (PLUS Shipping)

I recently did a haul on Instagram of a bunch of Colourpop products. I was fortunate enough to have Colourpop regram the picture! It then garnered a lot of requests to do swatches of the colours that I bought. So I have the swatches done, and thought I would take this opportunity to do a QUICKIE on my opinions on the product!

So here goes nothing!
PROS
  • The applicator (my favourite part about the product) - it makes it so easy to get a perfect line without a lipliner. This is not the case for any other liquid lipstick that I have ever used
  • Colour payoff - it is very pigmented and one swipe/dip into the bottle is really all you need to cover the entire lip area! 
  • Colour range - the swatches below are the ones that I chose, but they have every colour under the sun in their range
  • Packaging - not too heavy, not too light, and it doesn't feel cheap at all
  • Easy to use - because of the applicator and the pigmentation, it takes less than a couple minutes to get a perfect application with this. (This isn't the case for me with other liquid lipsticks which, require a lip liner plus an extra 15 minutes to get a good application)

CONS
  • Pretty drying - not too the point that my lips feel like they're going to die, but it is drying compared to Dose of Colors or Stila
  • Not exactly build-able - if you try to reapply the colour too many times, it starts to crumble and get a bit flake-y and begins to ball up on the lips
Lasting power: I didn't mention this in either pro or con because I don't know which I would classify it as. I don't think this lasts as well as Stila liquid lipsticks, but I think it definitely lasts longer than Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks. I find that once I have it on, if I drink or just talk throughout the day, it will stay forever. BUT once I eat something - particularly oily foods, it comes off and and leaves a rim around the lips. It also leaves a stain on my lips (which to me is a good thing because then the rim doesn't just make me look crazy). So... ultimately I don't mind the lasting power but don't see it as a pro or a con.

From Left to Right:
Platform - Midi - Trap - Clueless - Beeper - Stingraye - Teeny tiny - Tulle - Bumble - Solow - Bad habit
Overall: I really love the applicator on this. I always reach for this because I know that I can get a perfect line very quickly. I love the colours so so so much and the pigmentation really is insane. However I do feel like it's a product that you have to carry around in your hand bag and something that needs to be re-applied. BUT if you want to re-apply for about the third or fourth time during the day, I suggest wiping it all off and starting again, because it does not layer very well. The formula is also a bit more drying than some other popular brands, but I don't mind it at all. I think that the dry-ness contributes to the lasting power and the pigmentation of the product so it doesn't bother me.

Rating: 7.5/10

3 comments:

  1. Oooh the drying bit puts me off! But their color selection is amazing! Lots of MLBB! DF xoxo

    www.doaner-fide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUCH A LATE REPLY SORRY! Yes the drying is off-putting for many but I actually love it! The colours are on POINT!

      Delete
  2. Medicals.com is your online source of health and beauty needs. We take pride in knowing that each customer has a great experience with us. Our number one goal is to offer the best customer service experience available. We carry more than 10,000 products from a wide array of lines to offer customers the best options for their health. We are committed to expand our inventory to over 25,000 products within this year from now. We strive to offer beauty products online customers the most affordable shipping we can. We are constantly working with our shipping partners to get better rates so they can be passed onto the customers.

    ReplyDelete