Wednesday 6 April 2016

QUICKIE: Colourpop Creme Gel Pencil Liners

ITEM: Colourpop Creme Gel Pencil Liner
PRICE: $5USD


So a product that I have a lot of and have experimented a lot with is the Colourpop Creme Gel Liners. In particular, the pencil version! I realised that I hadn't written about it on my blog despite having so many and always using them. So I decided to do a QUICKIE on them because it's not that complicated to tell you my opinions. So HERE GOES!


As usual, I will jump firstly into the swatches of the various colours that I have. These are obviously not all the colours that they have, but I think I got a good range.

Left to Right:
Boots - Puppy - Punch - Teaspoon - Prance - Piggy Bank - Kicker - Get Paid
PROS
  • Super pigmented. As you can tell from the swatches, the colour payoff is excellent with these liners. Some will require a few more layers than others, but generally are gorgeous and pigmented. 
  • Huge colour range. As I said, these are not all the colours in the range, but already I am covering a good portion of the rainbow! So check out their page to see the other colours that they offer. 
  • Extremely long-lasting. These stay on and are in fact, extremely difficult to take off. They go on and don't budge. These swatches were super hard to remove. But also, I have dry eyes (so very watery), and these stay on my waterline like no other! It's crazy. 
  • Metallic is metallic. Colour is colour. This sounds weird, but what I mean is that what you see in the tube, what you see online is exactly what you get. It doesn't get "washed out" or fade when you actually go to use the product. What you see is what you get. 

CONS
  • Keeps breaking!!! This has exclamation marks and is the first con because it really irritates me. Some of the liners, as soon as I opened the lid, a huge chunk fell out broken. It was truly annoying. Then some of the others, I would use it and even if I only scroll out the bare minimum, the tip would KEEP snapping off - again and again and again. Yes these are affordable, but I don't want to be losing 50% of the product because it breaks.
  • You can't fix it. The other con about it breaking is that it was irreparable. The damage is done. I tried to maybe use the looooooong pieces that broke off but... then that long piece just snaps into about 10 smaller pieces. So once it breaks it's gone. And honestly, some of them, half of the product broke out and I had to part ways with it. 
  • Tad dry. The product is super creamy but a tad dry at the same time. That is such a weird combination. But the product itself is creamy (and not stiff at all) but I think the reason that it lasts so long on the eye is because of how dry it is. So this means that sometimes if you want to use the liner on your lid, or skin somewhere, it can tug a little. And if it doesn't tug, you're pressing quite hard and it will snap off so... lose lose. 
Some looks I created using the product (follow me on Instagram for more @mnh.beauty):





Overall: I really really really love the product. The colours are SO beautiful, the pigmentation is crazy, the long-lasting nature of the product really tickles my fancy. BUT... the fragility really annoys me and I hate the idea of wasting so much of the product. And the other cons just are related to that. This last point is super annoying, but it doesn't impact the performance of the product all that much. 

Rating: 8/10 (purely because of the breakage)

No comments:

Post a Comment