Sunday 1 March 2015

QUICKIE: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

ITEM: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (U.S. link HERE)
RRP: $25 for 10mL, $69 for 30mL, $96 for 60mL (Sydney Price) 

FOR A POTENTIAL DUPE CLICK THIS LINK HERE

Claims: This lightweight, satin-finish mineral primer melts into the skin, restoring moisture to dehydrated skin whilst minimising shine. It helps to visibly diminish the appearance of large pores and fine lines, and preps the skin for even makeup application while extending its durability so that your makeup stays in place for longer. It is formulated with SPF 15 from naturally-derived Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide to protect skin from UVA/UVB rays. Free from Oils, Fragrance, and Parabens. Water-resistant.



PROS
  • Silky smooth application making makeup very easy to apply on top
  • Makes makeup last all day
  • Keeps skin hydrated all day (and remember I have dry dehydrated skin. I have worn this with makeup for 8+ hours and my skin was feeling gooood at the end of the day)
  • A tiny bit goes a very very very long way (I need half a pump for my entire face)
  • Ensures my makeup looks perfect all day
  • Sturdy and luxurious packaging (beautiful frosted glass with a brass sturdy cap)
  • Comes with a pump (that's always important for me)

CONS
  • It's quite expensive (Australian prices have been brought down but it is still quite pricey)
  • The packaging is a little heavy (Sturdy, but heavy)
Half a pump of the product
Remember that a very little goes a looong way
Product slightly blended out
It's got a nice slip to it and gives you a beautiful glow

Overall: I am obsessed with this primer. I used a sample that came with my ambient lighting powders and when I ran out, I couldn't live without it so went and bought the 30mL size (the 60mL wasn't available yet). There is nothing that this primer can do wrong. However, it is expensive. That is the only major con for me. But remember that a tiny bit goes a long way so it will last a very long time, so the hefty price tag is for me definitely worth it. 

Rating: 9.5/10

FOR A POTENTIAL DUPE CLICK THIS LINK HERE

10 comments:

  1. Great review! One day...... ill give it a go:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can try mine! Or if you go mecca they give you samples too ;)

      Delete
  2. Seems like the pros far outweigh the cons, and this looks like a great primer! I have super oily skin, so I'm not sure it would work for me, but I think they have a mattifying primer as well that might be worth looking in to. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is the slightly more mattifying one! The other is thei No28 primer which is meant to be for dry skin or mature skin. I tried that and i like it but i surprisingly love this one more!

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to have to try this primer! Thanks for the great post!
    XO Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always leaving lovely comments! xx

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely my favorite primer hands down. It is definitely my go-to on most days and I am also obsessed! I would recommend this to everyone, but I agree that the price is outrageous. At least they have a decently prices travel size that lasts for awhile😊

    Www.beautyandablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! Nothing I have used is as amazing as this one!

      Delete