AUS PRICE: $110AUD (Bottle); $76AUD (Pen) - prices from Mecca
U.S. PRICE: $90USD (Bottle) $65USD (Pen)
Recently, I was asked by someone if I knew a good “full coverage but dewy finish foundation”. Sadly, I couldn’t say yes. The reality being that most full coverage foundations are matte finishes, and most dewy foundations are light or at best, medium coverage. I was determined however, to find a full coverage dewy foundation. I mean, I have dry skin, love full coverage, and love a dewy finish, so it was a win-win situation.
- Versatile in coverage (light to full coverage depending on the application method). If you use a kabuki style brush, it can give you full. If you use a Beauty-Blender it can give you light
- Elegant frosted glass bottle that's weighted and feels luxurious
- Super easy to blend on the skin
- Long lasting (always lasts me the entire day without making my skin feel like the life is being sucked out of it)
- Beautiful finish - glowy, dewy and flawless
- Looks very airbrushed
- A little goes a very long way (so be careful when you first use it)
- The hefty price tag (it is my most expensive foundation)
- Limited colour range (there are only 8)
- Not exactly build-able - if you put too much on, it can be a bit streaky
Overall: This has quickly become my new holy grail foundation. I really don't know what I was doing before I had this foundation. It has amazingly versatile coverage - like I said above, depending on your application method you can change up the amount of coverage this gives. It gives an amazing glowy finish, really pigmented (so a little goes an extremely long way), the formula is not drying which is perfect for people with my skin type (normal - extremely dry somewhere), and it's super long lasting. I tend to wear this for 12+ hours, and I swear even at the end of the night, it looks flawless and like freshly applied makeup. I love the luxuriousness of the bottle. However, like I said, it's super expensive, with a very small colour range (my shade was difficult to match). Also, too much layering does not work with this at all.
Rating: 9.5/10 (because of price and limited shades)