Tuesday 27 January 2015

SWATCHES: Rimmel Provocalips 16HR Kiss-Proof Lip Colour

ITEM: Rimmel Provocalips 16HR Kiss-Proof Lip Colour
RRP: $17.95 (Price at Priceline)

Claims: Kiss-proof, transfer-proof, trouble proof. Up to 16 hours of lip liberation! Weightless non-drying colour for endless comfort.






When I first saw that Rimmel had launched this product I hadn't heard too much about it. This led me to pick up 6 out of 8 colours so I could test it out. I passed up on the barbie pink colour (110 Dare to Pink) and the fire engine red (500 Kiss Me You Fool) because I didn't think that they would look very good on me. The concept and the appearance of the product reminded me a lot of the Make Up Forever Aqua Rouge lip stains (which I love because it is mega long lasting) so I will be comparing the two products in my future review post. However for now, I liked the colour range for this Rimmel product a lot better. It ranged from a true nude to a grey toned purple. 

How to use: 
Step 1: put on the colour on your lips
Step 2: after waiting for the colour to set, put on the clear gloss product on the other side

This post will just be swatches of the colours that I bought and I will do a full review in a future post after using the product a bit and taking photos of close up lip swatches. 

For now, the product is satisfyingly long-lasting and I really like the colour range. My biggest issues so far with the product are as follows:
  • You need to wait a bit of time between putting on the colour and then putting on the clear gloss. If you don't, the colour will move around and it will become quite patchy.
  • Without the clear gloss, the colour get super sticky. Then if you don't put the clear gloss on at all, then the colour just gets patchy and peels off.
A proper review will be up in a follow up post but that's my thoughts for now. Look below for the colours and swatches.


The following are the different shades that I bought:

700. Skinny Dipping 
730. Make Your Move
200. I'll Call You
310. Little Minx
550. Play With Fire
230. Kiss Fatal

Side-by-Side Swatches
Swatches in natural light
Left to Right:
Skinny Dipping - Make Your Move - I'll Call You - Little Minx - Play With Fire - Kiss Fatal




Swatches indoors
Left to Right:
Skinny Dipping - Make Your Move - I'll Call You - Little Minx - Play With Fire - Kiss Fatal

Swatches after colour set (indoors)
Left to Right: 
Skinny Dipping - Make Your Move - I'll Call You - Little Minx - Play With Fire - Kiss Fatal


No comments:

Post a Comment